Health & Safety
Hirers Health and Safety Guidelines
- Ensure that you are aware of all the emergency exit points.
- Ensure at least annually that all your users know where the assembly poin is (Lawn in the centre of the bungalows) and the evacuation procedures listed below.
- Ensure that any seating or table arrangements DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRE EXITS and always leave free direct passageways to the exits.
- If a fire occurs whilst you are using the premises:
- Sound the alarm by activating one of the fire alarm points.
- Call the Fire Service by telephoning 999 and give them the Community Centre address.
- Leave the building by the nearest safe exit.
- Report to the assembley point and ensure all users are accounted for.
- Do not delay exiting by stopping to collect personal belongings.
- Do not fight the fire unless you are trained to do so.
- Smoking (including the use of Electronic Cigarette's) is not permitted anywhere on the Community Centre premises.
- Users are requested not to smoke outside the main entrance.
- A first aid box is available in the small kitchen at the front of the building.
- Enter details of all accidents in the accident booklocated next to the first aid box.
- Any portable electrical equipment brought into the premises must have been Portable Appliance Tested (PAT tested).
- Should anyone using the centrecome across a fault, damage or other problem which might cause injury and cannot be rectified immediately, they should inform the Cleaner, Caretaker or Bookings Manager as soon as possible so that the problem can be dealt with.
- Where equipment is damaged a temporary notice should be placed on it warning that it is not to be used.
- Any spillages should be cleaned up immediately and where necessary reported to the Cleaner, Caretaker or Bookings Manager for further action.
Darfield Community Centre Address Details
DARFIELD COMMUNITY CENTRE